Dear Fellow Scouts:
You are no doubt aware that yesterday, 24 February 2022 at approx. 05:00 AM (Ukrainian time), the Russian Federation invaded Ukraine. This invasion represents a threat to the sovereignty of Ukraine, to lives, safety, and to the common values held in Europe and in the democratic world. This is not Russia’s first invasion of Ukraine: in 2014 it occupied the Crimea and parts of the Donestk and Luhansk regions.
The Ukrainian army is defending Ukraine, families, and our homes. Ukrainian soldiers are scarificing their lives to ensure a better future for their families and for their country.
It is important that we unite around the globe for peace and actions. Your support and your voices are critical in helping us to end this calamity,
We call on the entire Scout and international community to apply all possible measures to stop the aggressor and violation by Russia. There are ways to avoid further military escalation.
The most important things you can do now to help Ukraine:
Ask the leaders of your countries to:
- apply serious sanctions against the leadership of the Russian Federation, including its entire government, starting with Putin,
- apply and serious sanctions against Russia’s oligarchs and all of their financial interests, irrespective of the formal owners of the assets
- provide urgent military support to Ukraine
Help us disseminate information about Russia’s war against Ukraine:
Read and share verified and official information about Russia’s attack on Ukraine. Also write supporting messages, write posts and use these hashtags:
Verified sources of information is found on these sites in Ukraine:
Russian propaganda and fake news is actively disseminated and is published regularly by main line media as well as social media sites.
Please follow the Plast scout sources in English:
Donate to support the Ukrainian Army
Help to defend Ukraine by donating to Ukraine’s charity funds, to Armed Forces of Ukraine, for logistical and medical support of the Armed Forces of Ukraine.
The Plast International Federation and Plast National Scouting Organization of Ukraine has organised:
● Fund to assist Plast members who are in the military who require material, medical assistance: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1mIOlUPjOMXNhjxWrjTvlxJ44aQNvvB3vVHi2MArMHA8/edit?usp=sharing
National and governmental initiatives include:
● Help to defend Ukraine — donate to Ukraine’s main charity fund — https://savelife.in.ua/en/donate/
● Help to defend Ukraine — donate to support the Armed Forces of Ukraine National Bank of Ukraine https://bank.gov.ua/en/news/all/natsionalniy-bank-vidkriv-spetsrahunok-dlya-zboru-koshtiv-na-potrebi-armiyi
How you can assist:
- Collect humanitarian aid and support these initiatives in your community. Become a volunteer
- Check with your Ukrainian friends and relatives, ask them how you can help
Speak up loudly about the ongoing war started by Russian federation.
Share truthful information, express your point of view, join in or organize peaceful protest against the war
This is a schedule of rallies against the war https://www.stopputin.net
Always choose correct terms when talking about the Russia-Ukraine war (but not Ukrainian crisis, conflict).
If you can help us, but you are unsure or don’t know how to do it, please contact us at [email protected]
We need your help and support to stand together!
Who we are? Information about organization:
The Conference of Ukrainian Plast Organizations coordinates the activities of Plast organizations in 26 countries on each continent. Founded in 1912, it is one of the oldest scouting organizations in the world and encompasses over 15,000 members internationally.
Plast is National Scout Organization of Ukraine is the largest scouting organization in Ukraine, working with youth and children from 1912 (renewrd in Ukraine in 1989). The main aim of organization is to promote the development of youth in Ukraine in accordance with the aims, objectives and principals of scouting.
Now our task is to defend our country, people’s lives and to promote democratic development and peace in the world.
We know that with your support and with scouting friendship across the globe, we can stop the war!
Stand With Ukraine! Stay safe!
Sincerely yours in scouting
Chief Executive Officer
Plast – National Scouting Organization of Ukraine
Поділились Вогнем з Кабінетом Міністрів. Пластунів зустрів Денис Шмигаль
Російська агресія забрала життя 25 пластунів
Пластуни Львова допомогли 76 дітям на свято Миколая — мамі хлопчика повернули зір
Київська облрада хоче закрити Пластовий вишкільний центр у Бучі
Шукаємо бухгалтера до команди Пласту